On January 4th 2012, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo delivered his second State of the State address. If you missed it, you can watch or listen to the speech and read the text here. You can also check out the related twitter feed here. Below is a rundown of news coverage from around the state and responses from various educational organizations. This list will be updated as more coverage and responses are released.
Let us know in the comments what you thought of what the Governor had to say about education. He promised to transform public education. What changes do you think would benefit students?
- New York Times: Cuomo Vows New Push to Improve Education
- Gotham Schools: New faces expected to make up Cuomo’s reform task force
- Times Union: Kids win governor as school lobbyist
- Lohud.com: Cuomo wants panel to develop education overhaul plan
- Times Herald Record: Plan to better schools unveiled amid doubts
- Troy Record: Cuomo announces mandate relief council during SOS address
- Binghamton Press and Sun Bulletin: Educators critical of Cuomo’s comments
- Ithaca Journal: Tompkins observers note what wasn’t in Cuomo’s speech
- New York Daily News: Cuomo’s leadership needed to strengthen teacher evaluation
- New York State School Boards Association Video / Press Release
- Alliance for Quality Education
- New York State Council of School Superintendents
- New York State United Teachers