Here’s some of the blogs we read regularly!
This insightful blog contains the musings of Dr. Michael Mugits, Superintendent of Green Island Union Free School District. Some of our favorite posts:
School Finance 101 is written by Bruce Baker, a Professor in the Graduate School of Education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. His blog contains “random thoughts, playing around with data, responses to ill-conceived arguments and poorly presented data and the occasional reference to or summary of actual research on education policy and finance.” Some of our favorite posts:
- The Comparability Distraction & the Real Funding Equity Issue
- More Inexcusable Inequalities: New York State in the Post-Funding Equity Era
- Zip it! Charters and Economic Status by Zip Code in NY and NJ
This blog is authored by Meghan E. Murphy, the education reporter for the Times Herald-Record. Some of our favorite posts:
- Special education costs: What do researchers say?
- Grading Cuomo’s education grant policy
- State superintendents’ leader calls Cuomo’s facts wrong